Monday, April 20, 2009

The Weekend is Over. . .

Had a pretty busy weekend, can't say that I accomplished all that much, but know it was pretty busy. Saturday was a lot of running around in the morning, and a couple of phone calls in the after noon. Of course the shortest of these phone calls was 45 minutes, so it took a chunk of time. I think the longest phone call was near 2 hours. Loved it, but lost time. . .

My laptop power cord died, am unsure how expensive (I think about $100.00- let me pull that out of my. . . hat) it will be to get a new one. . . . But am checking into that. We got a beautiful front door installed two years ago, and because it was not installed properly, it has let wind in non stop since 2007. I am very frustrated about it, the man came back a couple times to fix it, and it still lets so much wind in, you could fly a kite. I called this morning, and he is coming out to look at the door. I do not know exactly what he will do, but I will be happy with a new door, that is not bowed, and does not allow kite flying. Went and exchanged my favorite 2 pairs of shoes, that split in the sole, because of manufacturer defect. Am wearing the new ones, and got a pair of boots too in exchange. Thank you very much. :) Yesterday I got to spend a very little bit of the morning with GM- not happy about that, but he was able to accomplish something that was important to him, so I have to get over it. I did a bit of cooking, as per the photos, and a bit of laundry and cleaning. So, not a bad weekend, just too short.
I finally used my cupcake stand. I got it for $10.00 at a local grocery store. I had to wait almost 12 months to get it, and at that price, but am very happy with it.
We have people over for a 4 o'clock cuppa almost every Sunday, so I thought I would make something yummy. . . Vanilla Cupcakes with a Chocolate Cream Frosting, Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins, & Raspberry Filled Croissants(store bought). And the muffins & frosting were from scratch. . . :)
I ate one muffin, and am trying to pawn the rest off. . .lol

On Friday night, when GM went to Radio Club, I got a surprise ready for him. . . hehe.
He gave me a pic of my dog Widget and him framed, and it has hung on our wall for ages! I went and got a pic of him & Ralphy in the same size photo, framed it, and have hung it above the one with Widget. He saw it on Saturday morning, and was stunned by it. I am so glad he liked it. It is one of the best pics of them! I also have another surprise coming, but will have to wait two weeks for it. . . . I also got a gorgeous pic of him printed in a 5*7 and framed it for his mom for Mother's Day. Great gift giving for under $10.00 lol.