Monday, September 15, 2008

Road Trip & Alcohol- Seperately. . .

Boy how time flies. . . It has been that busy, that I have not had time to stop.
Yesterday was good, way too busy, but good. We were up by 7am, and on the road to Shepparton by 8am. I managed to stay awake for the two hour drive. Then I waited in the car, cross stitching while GM went into a HAMfest. After that, we went to the cannery, and stocked up on canned goods. I loved it. Then it was off to have lunch. The lake where we usually go to have lunch, was dry, because of the drought, which was pretty sad. We ended up travelling towards home, and pulling off at a rest stop and having our lunch there. It took me 30 minutes to eat a chicken roll. I don't do much bread these days. . . lol. I slept for the last 45 minutes of the two hour trip, then when we got home, GM and I took a nap. He dropped off quickly, and it took me a little while to go to sleep. Then we had a couple of our lovely neighbors over for a cuppa. And then it was off to GM's sisters to visit for her birthday. I do not know if it is because I do not drink much, or because I have lost weight and cannot hold my liquor, but I was really happy by the time I got home. GM put me to bed (9pm) and I woke up this morning for work at about 6:30am with a little help. No Hangover- Yeah! GM was a great carer!
Saturday was busy too. . . GM worked, I did some stuff around the house, GM got home, then we went to the grocery store, got home, worked around the house, put groceries away, had company for dinner, then we all watched a movie, and our guests left after midnight. . . I think I am too old for late nights. lol
Anyway, hoping to get some good sleep tonight. Hoping GM gets some good sleep too. I think he needs it. Starting to think about our anniversary, as it is close to our sixth. I have told GM he needs to take me to dinner. I think we will have fun no matter what we do, and as long as we are together, it is all good anyway.
Okay, catcha later. . . . ~Melissa

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hey, I currently don't have phone service, so don't have internet...just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring you all. Will post as soon as I can.

Rainbow said...

Road trip & alcohal... Sounds like a good comedy flick..or title for a book... You never know.. Later Rainbow