Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Friday Everybody!

Well, it has been a busy day, and I am ready for down time. GM and I are going out to dinner with a couple friends, and are going to spend the next two days together. Yeah! GM works every other weekend, so the days we have together are cherished.
I went to the podiatrist yesterday, and he fixed up my orthotic a little bit, it hurts ALOT less now. and my feet are getting used to it. Very happy about that!
I stayed home from work yesterday, as I was on standby to see my podiatrist, and by the time I was done, it would have been almost time for me to come home from work, when I got there. Got to take a nap, did some laundry, bought some groceries, and played with Ralph. And then later in the day, our next door neighbor came over, and we had a cuppa. That was nice, and she is lovely. GM got a ride home, and then it was off o the Doc for him. He has flu like symptoms. . . Nothing the Doc can fix. So, I told him he must be quiet this weekend. Hopefully he will heed my words, but he is a boy, so we will see. . . lol
Today is Legacy day here. It was really neat, coming up the escalators at Parliament Train Station this morning, and seeing a bunch of uniformed military men rattling cans, and selling little pins to raise money for the cause. Legacy assists widows, children, disabled, etc. of servicemen. I think it is neat.
I am thinking of making single serve pineapple upside down cakes this weekend, and then I can freeze them. Hopefully they will be good, pulled from the freezer. . . Won't know till I try. I am looking at ways to not overindulge, and if I can have single portions then, there will be no overindulging in our house, without consciously making the decision. I have been thinking about that for other things too. I have been making muffins the last few weekends, and have purposefully made them mini muffins. And the ones that I do not take to work, I put in the freezer. . . It seems to be working.
I overindulged today, but it was on good stuff. I had almost a whole punnet of strawberries after lunch. They were so yum! Sweet and juicy and fabulous! At least it was a good choice for overindulgence. Man I could go another right now. Oh well, I will be good, and save room for dinner tonight.
I am starting to sound like a chatterbox- so I will leave it for now. Take care & have a great weekend!
~Melissa

1 comment:

Lori said...

Glad your feet are feeling better.

Tell Geoff I hope he gets well soon.

It sounds like you are really working on eating right. I blew it today with a tostado salad from Taco Time, but it was just so yummy!

I love the mini muffing idea. Let me know if your cake freezes okay. I have a book that suggests freezing portion sizes of carrot cake to nosh on...may have to try that.

Hey, the boys saw that lime cake recipe in my cookbook and asked if we could make it. I told them you and I plan to make it whilel you're here, and they are sure looking forward to that!