Monday, September 8, 2008

Father's Day in Australia

Let's see, it is Monday, yesterday was Father's Day here in Australia. So, I called my dad this morning, which is his Sunday, and talked to him for a few minutes. It is really good, because Father's day is on a different day here, I have an excuse to get my dad to talk to me on the phone at least twice a year now. :)
Yesterday we went and saw GM's dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Visited for a short time, and then came home, and went next door for scones. . . . Yummy! I had more than one. And loved it. I will be eating less at the end of this week. My Choice.
Actually went to the mall on Saturday, only went to one or two stores, and couldn't find anything I wanted. However, went to Target today, to get GM a movie he wanted, and found a new book, I hear is really good. Don't know if you like the vampire books, but it is by Stephanie Meyer, called Twilight. I will let you know how it is. Oh, and currently I am reading Hannibal, with Clarice Starling. It is the book after Silence of The Lambs. It is really good so far.
Also working on a cross stitch, that may take me forever. But, it is beautiful. It is called Outback Gum. You can see it here. I hope to get it done in the next couple months or so. We will see.
Very happy to hear that Rainbow is an Auntie! I have been emailing back and forth, to find out, that baby Sadie has dropped a bit, and may not make it till October.
Lori had some sad news, it is very odd, the joy of life, and the sorrow of death happen in such close proximity so much, so often. Thank you God for reminding us we are human. And as we know, it is all part of the circle of life. We are lucky to experience it, every emotion from joy to sorrow. Love you Lori!
Okay, starting to get philosophical will jump off the box, and get some sleep.
PS- the feet still hurt a bit in the heel, and am hoping I can get some help with that on Thursday. Also going to dinner at G & R's which will be nice, and have the brother and sister in law over for dinner on Saturday. busy, busy, busy. . . Then Sunday we are going to Shepparton. GM will go to a HAM fest, and I will go to the cannery to stock up on stuff like soup, and diced tomatoes, etc. I cannot wait. Anyway, I will really go for now! See Ya ~Melissa

2 comments:

Rainbow said...

hey, I like when your on "the box" talking, its the truth and we all need to be reminded how precious life is. I am blessed to know there are friends out there like you and Lori even though miles and miles are in between us. That is kinda cool if you think about it. Later.............Rainbow

Lori said...

Funny, I have been thinking over the circle of life lately. Thinking about attending a memorial service (preferably in the morning) and then dashing off to celebrate a 1st birthday in the afternoon.

Know what's even better than knowing I have friends like Rainbow and Melissa out there in the world? Having both of them call me within 3 hours of each other. Love ya ladies!

Good luck with the feet on Thursday. What happened at the Dr. for Geoff?