Thursday, September 11, 2008

20 kg that is over 44lbs :)

I know it is only 8am, but have already had a neat experience this morning, but must start by telling you a bit about yesterday. (Sometime I am long winded. . .lol) I got off work, walked down to catch a tram, walked to the train, once off the train, I walked to the gym. Got my gear on- realizing that a tank top I got while in Washington last year, was a bit bigger than it used to be on me. Got on the treadmill, and kept thinking about the weight I have lost, and the weight I have yet to lose. Same thing as I continued my workout. Then I met GM outside the gym, he had been taking Ralph on a walk, before they picked me up. When I got in the car, started talking about my thoughts, and decided I wanted to lift the amount of weight I have lost. You know, like on some of the 'reality' weight loss shows. So, GM being the man he is, racked his brain, and this morning when he went to start the car, he got the dog food out of the trunk. The dog food weighed just over 14 kg that is over 30 lbs ( I have lost 20kg that is over 44 lbs). He came in, and put it in my arms. OMG I could not believe I had been carrying around that much weight for who knows how long, it felt great to hand it back to him, but it still brought a tear to my eye. I love that I do not have that weight to carry around anymore! (long winded, but I liked it)
Clothes that fit snugly across my belly, now have plenty of room to move, and my football player shoulders do not seem as wide. Needing a belt, rather than just wearing a belt. It is all good! My watch flops around my wrist, and we are looking at getting a couple links out of my Australian Sunshine ID bracelet. I feel proud of myself today.
I go to see the podiatrist as a follow up on my feet tonight, then it is off to dinner @GM's M&D's house. That will be lovely I am sure, they are lovely people. I lucked out in the in-law department. Tomorrow I go to see a Nurse re: my weight loss, so hopefully that will be a good thing. I hope I have lost some since I went last. It is a slow process, but I am confident with it all. Oh, and still good news on the PCOS front- all clear for almost a week- Yyyiiipppeee!
Gotta run ~Melissa

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow! What else can I say, but wow!?

Congratulations! That is a large amount of weight to have lost in such a short time. It's almost as much as I lost, including the baby, in the last year. That's tremendous.

I may not recognize you when you get here. It's not like you recently put a lot of weight on.

I may have to try that lift what you lost thing. But I never know if I should count from my high point at the end of the pregnancy, or from the 6 weeks post-partum measurement.

Anyhow, congratulations! You must be on top of the world. I see that I missed you calling earlier. Hope to talk to you soon.