Monday, February 2, 2009

My Mom


Got a call on Friday 16 January 2009 (Saturday 17 January 2009 in Australia) from my little sister. She said that mom had been taken to the hospital, and before the paramedics got there, she was blue, there was no pulse, and she was not breathing. I felt absolutely helpless. My Mom had passed away, and I was over 7 thousand miles away from my family. GM got home, I told him- we were on a plane the next day.

This was one of the hardest experiences I think I have or will ever deal with. My mom has always been one of my best friends, and a pain in the ass. But I love her, and miss her terribly. I am very lucky that I could drop everything and go back home for a couple weeks to help out. I do know that. I am very thankful for the support of my friends, family, and work also.
I am sure I will write more about it when I can, but right now, I think I am still raw. We got home Sunday morning, back to work on Monday morning, and lack of sleep, emotional exhaustion, and the rest are all catching up with me.
I Love & Miss you Momma! w/a

3 comments:

Lori said...

Glad to have you back online. I miss you, but know that you need to get back to your life and your world.

We're talking to your dad about buying his car, we just can't afford to keep our van. Boo Hoo.

I hope all is well, love you!

Rainbow said...

What a beautiful picture of your mom and dad.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.