Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reality Bites!

Exhaustion is setting in. Went to lunch with a lovely lady I used to work with. Told her a bit about my mom, and heard about the death of hers. Was great, She is so sweet. Then last night we went to dinner for My Sis-In-Laws 50th birthday last night. It was really lovely, except for Me thinking about how lucky everyone was to have their entire family there. Self centered I know, But I am still dealing with the death of my mom. It was a lovely dinner, and everybody was really lovely. And My Sis-In-Law looks FABULOUS!


Didn't get 'good' sleep last night, as it is still really hot for me here. Evidently I fell asleep while sitting up according to GM. How funny!


I woke up with a lovely migraine I will just call ouch. And have been taking drugs, but nothing is touching it. I think I need down time. . .


I have committed to joining a volley ball team. I will go and watch this coming Monday, and might start the following Monday. Nervous, imagining how much wiggling I can do on a court. But also kind of excited. I used to love playing volleyball. It is so fun, and will give me some exercise and a social outlet too! Of course my niece is the captain, so I will probably be the oldest girl there. . .lol Does not matter, it will be a good experience for me, if nothing else.

I have doctor's appointments, and various stuff happening over the next three weeks, should be interesting. And on the 20th of February, we are getting new carpet put down in part of our house.

Under the circumstances I think I am doing pretty darn good. I have been calling my sis & dad everyday to make sure they are okay. I am glad to hear that they are okay. My little sis not so much as my dad. But, she will be okay. And most exciting, my brother and his family, my dad, and my little sis are talking about coming out here for Christmas. I am so excited by that, and don't want to get my hopes up just in case. But man it would be cool!

Here is a pic from Mine & GM's last night in Bremerton this trip. I Love My Family!

3 comments:

Rainbow said...

I know how hard it is..................................Volleyball, how fun I used to love volleyball to! That will be fun for you. What agreat family picture thank-you for sharing. Love .....Later........Rainbow

Lori said...

I think it's wonderful that you have joined a team. Something about the commitment to other people keeps you going. You'll be great, if I can play softball you can play volleyball.

You sound like you're trying to hard to be happy right now, don't force it. Give yourself time.

I love you!

Unknown said...

So proud of you for joining a team - what a great thing to do.

Take care of yourself.