Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vaughn Springs & Fruitcake!

Okay, I was able to find the pics of my last Vaughn Springs experience.
Here goes:



I am Really not up myself, GM just had the camera most of the time. lol It is a beautiful place, and I am looking forward to going there again. Yeah!
We got our suitcases out of the attic over the weekend, and have decided which ones we are taking, as this is our last big trip for a long while, we are going to borrow another case, rather than buy a new one. I do hope the dollar recovers a little before we head overseas, but I do not really see that happening. So, it will be a tight, but GREAT holiday.
I made my first Christmas Fruitcake last night. I hope it turns out well. I will check it out when I get home today. I took it out of the oven and put it on the counter just before I went to sleep last night. I will try to take a photo too, if it turns out okay. I will try to get a recipe & post it, just so you can see all that goes into making it. They are LOVELY to eat. hehehe Evidently you can store them for up to a year. WOW. But I think mine will only last a few months. . lol
Anyway, gotta run! Talk soon!
~Melissa

4 comments:

Rainbow said...

It looks like a beautiful, fun place to have a picnic. Love............Later.........Rainbow

Tracey said...

Hi Melissa, great piccies! I would love your recipe for Christmas Cake. I have never made one, so if you have a tried and tested one, I would love to make it too.

Thanks,
Tracey

Lori said...

That slide looks like a bunch of fun.

Yay! Just over weeks 'til you get here? Do you need a ride from the airport?

Unknown said...

That looks gorgeous - and a whole world of fun on the slide :)