Monday, October 27, 2008

The Fruitcake!













Okay, Here is the Fruitcake I made. A pic of the Recipe, and the book is above. I think it turned out okay, but my mother in law must have liked it, because she has gotten all of the stuff to make this recipe too.
I think it is pretty yummy. Lots of Brandy mind you, but very nice! There is a bit of work involved in it, but it is so worth it! I altered the recipe a bit, because I used a bag of dates I had, instead of the raisins. But it is very nice! Too bad I can't take some to the USA with me.
Anyway, hope everybody's day is going well!
~Melissa

5 comments:

Lori said...

The fruit cake looks yummy, but I'm not sure...it seems to me that I'm not a big fan of brandy.

4 weeks! 4 weeks! 4 weeks!

Hey, Amanda is looking forward to meeting you again, and is bummed that she may not be meeting Rainbow this year.

4 weeks!

See you soon!

Lori said...

Okay, I skimmed your recipe...what are sultanas? Treacle?

I'm still looking forward to our lime coconut cake.

Renlim73 said...

Sultanas are like raisins, I think they are all combined with raisins in America. Treacle you can use Karo-dark for it.
And the brandy, you can actually soak the fruit in orange juice for a non alcoholic version.

4 weeks- YIPPPPEEEEE! It is very surreal at the moment.

Why no Rainbow this year? :( I thought we were on for Thanksgiving? Rainbow?
Love you guys
~Melissa

Rainbow said...

Can you believe I have never had fruit cake before. Is it all the rumors about fruitcake being 20 years old? I'm not sure, but yours looks good. Love.........Later..........Rainbow

Unknown said...

I'm doing mine on Tuesday - and then just keep pouring alcohol over it until Christmas. I love using my grandmother's recipes.