Friday, August 29, 2008

Walking Wounded

Heya! Had a busy few days, and today is looking that way too! Work is always work, and yesterday I had no time to blog.

I got off work early, and went to the podiatrist to get my orthotics. When your feet have been molded flat to the floor for over 30 years, and you get these devices that want to give you arches, your feet rebel! Then I don't have a car, so I walked to where I wanted to go, didn't I. I walked to Big W, then to the gym, then to my in-laws house. Overall, not a huge trip, but when your feet don't feel good. . . I am surprised I did not crawl to work today, my feet are that uncomfortable. I have to give it a few days, and the muscles in my feet should not be screaming so loudly. I HOPE!

We had dinner with the in-laws, that was lovely as usual, but got home, made lunches and had no time, before it was bedtime. Just snuggling into bed, and GM starts playing with Ralph. Ralph then jumps on the bed, right on top of my foot. I wanted to cry. . . Luckily I got over it, but I could have been confused with a pheasant last night, I was that fowl. . .lol Bad joke- I liked it.

Today I get off the train in Sunbury, and walk up to the Dr to get my Implanon removed. That will be interesting I think. I just hope I get something to numb it, as I am afraid it will hurt bunches getting this capsule thing taken out of my arm. We will see.

Then I cannot wait to get home, and I think GM is going to cook dinner, or we will have fish & chips. I don't really care, I just want to relax, and not be reminded of my feet right now!

Tomorrow GM goes to work, and I get a little sleep in. Then it's the usual Laundry, cleaning up, trying to make phone calls across the world, I hope to get into my craft room, and clean it up a bit, then we are coming into the city to pick up some of my crap from work. . . Yippeee!

I have added a time gadget, so hopefully that will help. I hope everyone is well, and look forward to reading your blogs soon!
~Melissa

3 comments:

Lori said...

It was so nice talking to you today! Thank you for calling. I hope your feet start to conform pretty soon. Thanks for sharing the good news!

Rainbow said...

I've always had high arches but now they are going flat!! Maybe I need to get those arch things for my feet now because you sound like you are in alot of pain sooo sorry!! Communication calendar is back to the basics, something we should have done a long time ago. Its a monthy calendar that we write all of our events on so we can keep track of I know there are a thousand high tech organizers out there but this is working wonderul. When you say picking up some crap from work that means?? Later...Rainbow

Lori said...

Hey, I have a calendar like that. It's just a calendar for the month with all the holidays, birthdays, activities, and appointments written on it. That way nobody can say they didn't know something was coming up. I love that the boys check it to find out when things are, and Jeff can't say I didn't tell him about something. LOL!