Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Million Miles

A Million Miles. That is what it feels like I have done, since I last blogged. Our holiday was very nice, had a few rough patches, but turned out okay. Not great, but okay. Was really unsure, leaving when my sister was about to have surgery, my friend's husband was in the hospital, and I left with an uneasy feeling.
Thanksgiving was lovely, had a good time spending with my family, learning to play Rock Band, and Guitar Hero. Had a blast. Got to make a fool of myself, but had fun.
Also for the first time, I looked around the room, and saw the two kids I raised, and became very emotional, as my parents were not in the room. I loved seeing my brother and his family, and my sister all grown up! It was a great feeling.
Also, got to have a second Thanksgiving, with Lori and her family on the Saturday following. It was great fun. I totally enjoyed spending time with her and her family. I am too old to be going to bed after midnight every night, but loved it none the less.
My li'l sis and I got our tattoos prettied up, again matching, I love having a reminder of her with me all the time.









2007





2008




And boy do I think she is gorgeous!





I also got another Tattoo, right above my heart.














I thought it was fantastic, and GM likes it too!





GM got a couple tattoos too.





Never guess he likes the Hawks. :)










GM got to speak at Lori's Cub Scout Meeting, he seemed to really enjoy it. And the boys did too. That was nice.










We got to decorate the Christmas tree with my family, and that used to be a big chore for our family, but after a couple hiccups, it all went well. Had family portraits taken, GM got his haircut in the snow for the first, and probably last time ever. He seemed to enjoy it, afterwards. . .lol Here we usually cut his hair on the back deck in the sunshine. :)





We got sick for a few days, and on the tail end of that, we got snowed in for a week. And I mean snowed in. It was soo beautiful outside I could not believe it . I was very pleased to have the snow, and a white Christmas, as I do not know when I will get to be back for one again. It was GM's first white Christmas, and I think he is over snow now. Boy was that fun. . .lol





All in all, it was wonderful.



Then we get towards the end of the trip, and it gets a little more hairy. Christmas morning we woke up, and there was lots of snow. We had to get to my folks house, and the car we were using was not going to make it. Luckily Jeff was nice enough to take us, and Lori was nice enough to give up her husband for a little while. Thank you!


Got to my mom's, and had a nice Christmas. Stayed the night with my folks, and the next morning we were going back to Lori's. Lori called me in the morning, to say that Jeff was on his way to Harrison Hospital. That was not good news. Very scary in fact. GM & I met her at the hospital, we got there before she did, as some of the roads were still packed with ice & snow.

2 comments:

Lori said...

It should feel like a million miles, or a different planet altogether. Are you enjoying your summer heat?

We miss you, you know. Looking forward to taking a vacation together, out of Washington.

Talk to you soon!

Rainbow said...

So glad you made it back safely and posted some fun pictures of your visits. Wish I could have seen ya, but ya know how it can be.. It sounds as if you and Lori had good times!!