Wednesday, May 13, 2009

GM's Birthday Weekend!

Been kind of quiet lately, I have been really busy, and had lots going on, along with angst about Mother's Day. But, I am trying to come out the positive end of that now.

I have a new employer, which is kind of cool. I am still working in the same office, at the same desk for the same man, doing the same job, but the company that pays my remuneration is different. It was a little stressful getting it all done, but is all sorted now. Works for me!
GM got a year older on Saturday, and partly mid life crisis, partly ours was slowly falling apart, he got a new car. I will take pics, when I get a chance. It is really pretty, and way too fancy for me, but GM is once again in love with a vehicle. . . :) We took delivery of the vehicle on Saturday, and also went out for a big night on the town to see Wayne Brady Live. He is hilarious! He does "Don't Forget The Lyrics" and used to be in "Whose Line is it Anyway" w/Drew Carey. Absolutely fantastic! We caught the train into Melbourne, took the tram up to my work, as I had forgotten my cross stitch, and goodness knows i cannot live without it. . .lol Then we trekked back closer to The Arts Centre- Hamer Hall, where we were due to be. On the way, we stopped for dinner. GM chose Burger King/ Hungry Jacks for his birthday dinner. Then we took a leisurely stroll to where we needed to be. The show was hilarious. I love Improvisational comedy anyway, but this was great! Obviously there was no research on his audience, which actually worked rather well for this. Not knowing what a panel beater, Cootamundra and The Rialto were, made it even more funny. Loved it! Got home around 12:30am or so, and went to sleep after 1:20am. There was also a walk of Zombies on, when we went into town, not to mention the usual weekend night young people stuff. I am in the city everyday, for work-GM is not. That made for even more entertainment. . . lol
Made a roast dinner & White Chocolate Raspberry muffins for GM as a continuation of his birthday on Sunday. Muffins instead of birthday cake. He seems to like them alot. We went and saw his mom for Mother's day, that was really weird, but it went okay.
Guess we will see what the rest of the week has to offer!
Hope you are all well, and stay in touch!

2 comments:

Rainbow said...

It sounds like you guys had a funn birthday. Happy b-day GM. I love comedy as well. Definatly my favorite. glad yor back in blog land, I just rejoined as well.

Lori said...

I would love to see Wayne Brady Live. I always liked the spur of the moment songs they had to do....he's a talented funny guy.

Where are pics of the car?

Sorry I didn't get a Happy Birthday off to Geoff. He was thought of and talked about and both my calendar and Cell Phone said Geoff's Birthday all day.

Why can't I leave comment on the "Lori" post? Brought tears to my eyes.

I love you. Praying you have a good birthday, and a good year ahead of you.

I was talking about you today, told Des how we met....funny, we just started out talking about mochas and it drifted on over to you....lol.