Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July!

It doesn't matter where she flies, she looks beautiful! What a lucky girl I am to be able to enjoy the freedom, and liberty this far away from where Ol' Glory usually flies!

Hope everybody had a great 4th of July celebration and or weekend, depending on where you live. I was lucky enough to have my husband take me out to dinner. I also did a bit of cooking. I felt like crap, and still do, but will be seeing the Dr tomorrow, so should be on the mend soon enough. I made the Peanut Butter pie, and think I might try that tonight, if my taste buds are up to it! Yummy! I also made Apple crumble, Apricot crumble, butterfly cupcakes for my MIL, Black forest cake type things. . . And then collapsed. Managed to enjoy our dinner out, and went to sleep.
Had to cancel a lovely visit we were going to have with a couple friends on Sunday. And mostly stayed in bed. Had a good long nap too. Loved it!
Hope all is going well in your worlds!

3 comments:

Rainbow said...

oh my gosh it ALL sounds so Yummy! Please bake for me sometime!!Sorry you were not feeling to good. Glad your blogging I need to get back into a regular habit.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a very yummy cookfest - happy very belated 4th to you.

Maureen said...

Peanut butter pie. How do you make that? We had 16 people here in the house over the 4th. All family. I think we all enjoyed ourselves. LOL!!!!!

Ask Rainbow? Take care, hope your feeling better by now.